Tuesday, June 24, 2008

June is Game Time!

Ah, the blessings of being laid off AND having money! I've gotten in two more games of Vor and for father's day I got Tabula Rasa which I've been playing. It satisfies some of my shooter urges while at the same time is a MMORPG. Tabula Rasa is a sci-fi MMO that is first-person and set in a weird apocalyptic stargate type world. It isn't great, but it is a decent game and better than all the standard fantasy fare cluttering up the online market right now that is getting old and stale. If you're curious check it out at www.playtr.com

I recommend it, but not highly.

It is nice to scratch that computer game itch, but I look forward even more to moving to Seattle home of PAX and many game companies. I hope to be able to play Vor and/or Anima: Tactics on a regular basis. Time spent not being a husband/father or looking for work or a new place to live gets to be spent on gaming though. Hmm, or spending all day yesterday helping my parents move. So really I've had at least a couple days this week to play!

It is in my plans that with my wife I will get more of this in:
Graveyard
You weren't being a pervert were you? I'm a married man and I wouldn't think of such things...

There are currently two other Vor players on the VORmap (see older blog) and one in British Columbia. Plus there is PAX and plenty of opportunities to indoctrinate new players to the game! Plus I know that Anima: Tactics has more players up in the Seattle area so it might be possible to get games of my other miniatures game as well.

Meanwhile however, everything is getting packed up so it will be the occasional Tabula Rasa until we're settled in a new location. It is likely my next blog won't be until then either.

No comments: