Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy Boxing Day / New Year

So I just got back from another Canada trip, this one with the family. This time no VOR related visits! Not a lot to say on that front so check out my updated recommended links to visit on my blog.

On my run through B.C. I did find a very nice Game & Hobby store in Imperial Games & Hobbies. They had a nice 25% off Boxing day sale combined with a nice conversion rate and so I had to pick up a few nice Reaper models to proxy. I was particularly impressed with the stores selection of Terrain making supplies. If I'd had enough disposable cash I easily would have picked up a Charon army transport container as well.

So the Ramlar Card Sharp campaign is winding down not as excitingly as it started. The campaign has issues with pacing. Not enough action for some in the front, not enough direction to influence in the later parts. The thing that really irked me as the GM though was a section where the map in the book didn't correspond to the rooms described in the encounter. There aren't even the same number of numbered rooms for it! We'll still come back to Ramlar though. I've got a Grynix book (.pdf download) that I want to try out with the group sometime. We'll be taking a break and playing some other games in between though.

Mines of Moria is losing all steam right now and proving to be a big letdown. The new content is nice, but once you've gotten past all that that rewards and even worse the changes to class roles and combat really take the wind out of one's sails. At this point I'm hoping to get into Fallen Earth's Alpha or Beta.

Back to real life, my contract position ends at the end of this month. So sadly I'll probably be looking for new jobs a lot more and gaming less. So LotRO will be backed off of anyways (though I'll probably still do at least a weekly raid).

Happy New Year everyone. Leave a comment and tell me what games you're most looking forward to in 2009.

No comments: