Saturday, January 17, 2009

January Fog

Seems I forgot a few follow-up things. First of all, for those tracking my career. For the big job I really want right now my resume got advanced a tier and has been submitted to a hiring manager who I'm hoping will call for an interview this week. It would be really good news since it looks like now more than ever my job will expire at the end of the month. I've taken a leave of absence from LotRO due to it.

Did I forget to followup my Christmas wish list? Two of the things I wanted I got:

* Ramlar: Lost City of Grynix (available as PDF only)
* Hirst Arts molds for terrain making

and I've been making a lot of major Hirst arts terrain pieces. Expect some big set pictures before summer. I also got the lost city of Grynix, but we're still foraying into D&D 4th edition right now. It is ... interesting. More because of insight into the people that play it, the whole thing is still 90% combat and combat is 80% rolling the dice. It seems like most of the game could play itself. Grynix looks interesting and and seems like a very nice setting for Ramlar. I like how the adventure or campaign setting books add special material for players that isn't in rulebooks. It makes for some nice surprises.

My birthday is coming up in a couple weeks, and we'll see what else I get.

Anyone have any thoughts to post on The World of Darkness? I've never tried it but we're looking at trying the new Changeling RPG at some point. Might this be a decent new game for someone who is a die hard fan of Shadowrun 3?

No comments: