Sunday, August 30, 2009

My Wargames



A little review I did of one of my two miniatures wargames, Anima: Tactics. Who sadly are not showing up to PAX to do anything this year.

I find it amusing that VOR and Anima: Tactics have so little in common. VOR is an army game, AT a hero combat game. VOR has army books, AT has cards for miniatures. But I think what they both have in common that I love is that neither is super expensive and neither has a lot of sitting around doing nothing. In VOR you alternate activiation and quickly have a turn to do something besides defend. In AT it works that same way while also having reactive actions to decide on like dodge or counterattack during your turn (and sometimes special abilities).

In addition to possibly doing more reviews of Anima Tactics sometime I'm also thinking of doing a review of VOR and the Shard force. Anyone interested in that?

No comments: