Monday, April 5, 2010

How I got to Sakuracon!

So some people have wondered, why did you get to go to Sakuracon and see all this fun stuff and get all these spoilers? The answer is simple and comes in two parts. First I'm in Seattle at the right time (I live there, eh?) and second I'm part of Cipher Studios Free Agent program.

I really have to strongly recommend this program (or others like it for other games). If you really like a game then you want more people to play against or with. But people aren't like to try a game they haven't seen or played before. This is where demo-ers come in. It is easy to get people playing a game if they see it and enjoy it.

I'm not the first person to go to Sakuracon with Cipher Studios. Another Free Agent was there the years prior to me but they didn't have a handy blog and HD camera to show off the results. A lot of companies like Cipher Studios are happy to support volunteers who try and promote their game (at least the smart companies are!). So volunteering got me to Sakuracon as a member of Cipher Studios Free Agent program, where could it get you?

More important than visiting conventions is how we grow the gaming community. Be polite and show some new people how to play your favorite little game and you never know. It just might catch on and you'll have the time of your life playing with a legion of friends who got started learning from you. The worst result is you will have spent a day teaching people a game you enjoy anyways. So go to your local gaming club or friendly local game store and show them what you got!



Then take pictures and videos and put it on the internet because fun for you is often vicarious fun for other people like me!

No comments: