Monday, September 7, 2009

Post PAX 09 Review

Soooo much fun. I feel sorry for those who dwell among lesser cons not knowing anything about what PAX is like. Given I didn't milk the pure fun out of it, as usual I came with an agenda and there is only so much time in the Con and different activities to choose from. First stop saturday morning was waiting in line for the exhibit hall and picking up all kinds of swag along the way.



The video above only barely begins to describe the haul of free stuff I pulled out of the con. My daughters are beating each other silly with inflatable swords from DragonAge. Lost track of how many free T-shirts I got, last count was about 8 or 9. In previous years I've gotten keyboards, my nice Razer gaming mouse and others from raffles. Unfortunately I had no raffle winnings this year.

I headed straight for the Stardock booth and got to play with the Elemental Alpha build which is already a ton of fun. I've been posting more pictures of the Alpha over on their game forums if you're following it. I couldn't wait to get back the second day and pay for my pre-order of the game.



Then I just had to get a few pictures of people in costumes. There are so many I didn't get pictures of that I wish I had. Luckily I'm not the only one there taking pictures so I can enjoy the exhibits while other people do the business of covering the convention. But I did get the picture of Pirates up on stage. Yeah, dancing Pirates on a Tom Clancy Splinter Cell stage... what did you do with your weekend?


All this before the day was even half over. I got to talk with several HR people about advancing in the gaming industry and how to sell my myself. So hey, maybe somebody is looking to hire a good QA person who can double as a great editor? They actually had better tips than a lot of other "get a job" discussions I've been to.

I got in a good game of Anima Tactics at the convention, sat in on the Legend of Neil interview panel (and saw today's new episode ahead of time), and a few minutes of concert before heading home on the first day.

Yeah, I'll be blogging a lot more about PAX all week!

No comments: