Friday, September 11, 2009

Techie stuff at PAX

PAX had a lot of kewl gadgets as always. Super cooled computers, gloves that work as your keyboard and mouse, new touch based interfaces, a neat black glove that works as an interface, and of course the return of the incredible tables from Geek Chic.

Actually I mostly just noticed the peregrine glove and not just because it was next to the Elemental/Stardock booth. I always pay attention to new interfaces as they promise to be the really big thing like the Nintendo Wii Remote or the next big flop like the Nintendo Power Glove. The Peregrine glove is a much more intuitive interface, if they can produce it cheaply enough for the mass market then I expect you'll be hearing a lot more about it in the future barring any unforseen disasters.

Jupiter broadcasting covered the Peregrine and a lot more tech stuff from PAX a lot better than I can:

So I guess I have to retract half a point about EA being smart enough not to continue their stupid "Sin to Win" promotion at PAX. They didn't do it at PAX... but they are still promoting stupid, stupid contests directly with gaming media. See this adult humor webcomic making fun of EA today at Ctrl-Alt-Del. In Mixed news the pro-Draconian EA is now selling their games on the Anti-DRM Stardock's Impulse digital distribution network. Something has gotta give here, this is NOT a match made in heaven or hell. Watch this become some bad EA promotion for Dante's Inferno about "Limbo" (the portion of hell that always looks at heaven but can never get there).

Real life has been too hectic or stressful to do anything with painting or terrain. Baby doesn't want to sleep at nights now. Unemployment extension is running out (so having to get another extension) as I'm now going on way the heck too long without a regular paying job. I am Looking into training or returning to school to make myself more competitive on the job market but I'm not sure the government wants to pay for that. I'm hoping within the next week I'll have the time to do some more videos about terrain or models I've painted. Plus hopefully the first Anima Tactics organization video.

No comments: